Effective Date: 4 December 2023
- The personal data we collect;
- Use of collected data;
- Methods of collection;
- Who has access to the data collected;
- The rights of Site users; and
By using our Site, users agree that they consent to:
3. The Personal Data We Collect
3.1 Data Collected Automatically
When you visit and use our Site and App, we may automatically collect and store the following information:
- IP address;
- Digital information
- Clicked website links within our Site;
- Content viewed; and
- Interaction made on social media channels managed by BST Group.
3.2 Data Collected in a Non-Automatic Way
- First and last name;
- Email address;
- Phone number;
- Australian Company Number and/or Australian Business Number (if required);
- Payment information;
- Details about purchases and orders;
- Product and service preferences; and
- Feedback, enquiries and comments made by you.
4. Use Of Collected Data
We collect personal information for the following purposes:
- Generating sales invoices for the purposes of charging for our products and services;
- Order confirmation, delivery, and fulfillment;
- Order returns and exchanges;
- Personalise advertising on search engines and social media platforms;
- Communicate marketing information, promotional offers and special events;
- Responding to feedback, ratings, comments, complaints and enquiries;
- Gather customer insights and preferences in order to improve our product and service offerings; and
- Manage our stock and inventory levels with our suppliers.
5. Methods of Collection
We collect personal information through various means, including:
- Our website
- Our mobile app
- In-person interactions
- Media and publications
- Other publicly available sources
- Are strictly necessary for the functioning and maintenance of our website and app.
- Help keep track of items you put into your shopping cart when you have abandoned your cart and this information is used to determine when to send cart reminder messages via our communication channels (including SMS and email).
- Track your browsing and purchasing behaviour in order for us to tailor related marketing communications to you via our communication channels.
- Track your interaction with our third-party ads such as Google, Facebook and LinkedIn.
7. Disclosure to Third Parties
Where reasonable and practicable to do so, we will collect your Personal Information only from you. However, in some circumstances we may be provided with information by third parties. In such a case we will take reasonable steps to ensure that you are made aware of the information provided to us by the third party.
8. Security of Personal Information
Your Personal Information is stored in a manner that reasonably protects it from misuse and loss and from unauthorized access, modification or disclosure.
9. Credit Card Transactions
Credit card transactions are processed in Australian Dollars using secure payment pages that comply with industry standards. We use 128-bit SSL encryption and a secure SSL tunnel to connect to the payment gateway.
10. Access and Update
You can update your personal information via our website or by phone call. You can also choose to opt out of direct marketing by unsubscribing via the respective marketing channel. For example, you may click “unsubscribe” at the bottom of any marketing email to remove you from future email marketing communications.
You also have a right at any time to request that you be told what personal information that we hold about you, unless an exception under the Privacy Act applies.
11. Data Retention
When your Personal Information is no longer needed for the purpose for which it was obtained, we will take reasonable steps to destroy or permanently de-identify your Personal Information. However, most of the Personal Information is or will be stored in client files which will be kept by us for a minimum of 7 years.
12. Contact Information
Phone: 1800 677 344
Email: [email protected]
13. Compliance with Australian Privacy Principles
We have adopted the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs) contained in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth). The APPs govern the way we collect, use, disclose, store, secure, and dispose of your personal information. You can obtain a copy of the Australian Privacy Principles from the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner at www.oaic.gov.au/privacy/australian-privacy-principles.